Sunday, 28 October 2012

Day 4 - Knysna

Today we decided to go to Knysna Heads and Birds of Eden sanctuary close to Plettenberg Bay. The view from the heads was spectacular. The weather was perfect and we could not have asked for a better day for this outing.

Below are some of our photos from the heads.





After enjoying the views from the Knysna Heads we drove down the coast the Eden Birds sanctuary. I was a bit apprehensive as I'm nor really a bird man, but I was pleasantly surprised with the pristine facility. I was a fantastic experience. Unfortunately I only had my phone camera so could not do full justice as to just how beautiful it was. Sorry about that. Even so, below are some shots taken at the sanctuary.






After the birding we drove back to Knysna and went for dinner at 34 South. Genius (that is I) left the fridge plugged in on the bakkie and when we got out the battery was flat and I could not get the Ford started. A friendly fellow with a Landcruiser tried to jump start us but my jumper cables were too flimsy for the task. A sweet little girl called Vicki came past and phoned a local chap who came and started us with a proper battery pack. I need to buy one of those as we are soon driving up north to Nam and I don't want to get stuck there. I blame SWAMBO for this episode as she should have reminded me to unplug the fridge - <grin>.

No comments:

Post a Comment